Follow these eight easy steps as outlined in the lawn striping video to get an eye-catching diamond grass pattern:
- Start by mowing the longest diagonal center stripe, then make a pass back next to it.
- Now, drive around the edge of your yard and mow a second stripe in the same direction – that will give you one light stripe with two dark stripes next to it.
- Continue this pattern – one out and two back – until you reach the corner of your lawn. Then, do the other side the same way.
- Start by going over your first lawn diagonal stripe in the same direction so that the grass pattern will be balanced.
- Continue alternating one out, and two back, to the other corner of the lawn. The lawn is now completely cut.
- To make the crossing stripes, make another long diagonal pass between the other two corners of the lawn, and make the return cut right next to it like you did before.
- Then, continue the pattern – one stripe out, two stripes back – until you reach the other corner.
- Do the same for the other half of the lawn striping project. Finally, do a clean-up pass all around the pattern to smooth out any turn areas, and frame it in.
Remember, only Simplicity has pivoting, free-floating mower decks with full-width rollers that can make beautiful grass patterns and give you a beautiful cut – because Simplicity is the way to a beautiful lawn.
Find more lawn striping videos to learn more grass patterns, like the arch lawn stripes, the checker board grass pattern or bullseye design.
If you don’t have a Simplicity lawn tractor or riding mower yet, find a Simplicity dealer, and check out our latest retail promotions to make your dream of owning a Simplicity a reality.