How Do I Change the Oil on a Simplicity® Lawn Mower?
Changing the oil in your lawn mower is something you can do on your own or you can get help from an authorized service dealer. The oil changing process will depend on the particular Simplicity tractor or zero turn mower you own. Review your operator's manual to ensure you follow the proper steps based on the engine on your mower.
Steps for Changing Lawn Mower Oil
- Run engine until warm
- Place the riding mower on a level surface.
- Stop the engine and remove
starterinsert or ignition key.
- Clean oil fill and filter areas of any debris. Remove dipstick and lay on
- Disconnect the oil drain hose. Carefully remove
capand lower hose into an approved oil container. After the oil has drained, install cap tightly, then attach hoseto the side of the engine.
- For units without a drain hose, before removing the drain plug make a trough from plastic or cardboard to allow the oil to drain into the container.
- Remove the oil filter and dispose of properly.
- Lightly lubricate the oil filter gasket with fresh clean oil.
- Install the oil filter by hand until the gasket contacts the oil filter adapter, then tighten the oil filter ½ to ¾ turns.
- Add oil. Click here for Briggs & Stratton’s oil recommendations or to buy lawn mower oil online.
Your operator's manual will provide you with specific details for locating the parts listed above to help you be sure you are changing the lawn mower oil properly. If you are unsure with any of the above steps or have additional questions, please contact your authorized Simplicity Service Dealer.
WARNING: Always read the engine and equipment manual(s) before starting, operating, or servicing your engine or equipment to avoid personal injury or property damage